History

In the last several decades Tilcon Connecticut has seen several acquisitions and mergers:

  • 1923 –  Angelo Tomasso Inc., was founded
  • 1957 –  North Haven Asphalt Company, Tomasso of North Haven, Inc. founded
  • 1961 – Sherman Sand and Stone Co. (New Britain), Sherman-Tomasso Concrete Inc. founded
  • 1964 – Arborio & Sons (Farmington), and the formation of a new entity known as Arborio Tomasso, Inc.
  • 1965 – Construction of new concrete plant in Middletown, CT
  • 1969 – Purchase of Helming Brothers in Bristol, CT
  • 1970’s – Ashland Oil Resources Company purchased New Haven Trap Rock
  • 1970 – Construction of the Portland, CT Asphalt Plant
  • 1972 – Ashland Oil Resources Company purchased Angelo Tomasso Inc. to become NHTR Tomasso
  • 1975 – Purchased the Hamden, CT asphalt plant from Blakeslee Company
  • 1979 – Thomas Tilling Ltd. Purchased Ashland Oil in the North East. Tomasso became known as Tilcon Tomasso, a division of Tilcon Warren, Inc.
  • 1984 – Sold to British Tire and Rubber Co.
  • 1990 – Tilcon Tomasso became known as Tilcon Connecticut
  • 1996 – Sold to CRH of Dublin, Ireland – a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol CRH) – BALF Company in Newington was already owned by CRH in the nineties
  • 2000 – Tilcon purchased Soneco

Tilcon Connecticut Inc. continues to supply construction materials throughout the state using today’s technology to produce quality Aggregates and Hot Mix Asphalt.